LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix the dashed lines in the block diagram?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, how can I fix the dashed lines in this block diagram? The VI file in question is the KE26XX Config Source & Measure.vi one and its subVI's are located in the attached .rar file.

ke26xx config source & measure block diagram.png

ke26xx config source & measure error list.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(913 Views)

Hi User,

@solarfacility_user wrote:

Hello, how can I fix the dashed lines in this block diagram?

Generic answer: by wiring the subVIs correctly…

Is this VI in its original version supplied by NI.com/IDNet? Or did you change anything in any of those subVIs?

Btw. instead of using proprietary archive software (aka RAR) you should use the ZIP format as it is built into any modern OS (even Windows). So anybody else is able to unpack your archive file without needing to install 3rd party software!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(910 Views)

For some reason, I still had the same VI in memory (probably from another post) and while it looked the same, there were no broken wires.

(Can you explain why you seems to call almost everything by reference instead of just placing the subVIs? )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(845 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author solarfacility_user

You are probably mixing up new driver VIs with an old example.  I have the Keithley 2600 SMU drivers and there's a KE26XX Config Source & Measure.vi in the example folder that opens just fine.  

I suggest you delete (copy them somewhere first just to be safe) your Keithley SMU folder from your instr.lib folder and replace it with the current drivers from here:  Keithley Series 2600/2600A/2600B Native LabVIEW 2009 Instrument Driver version 2.5.0 | Tektronix

You will find a new version of your program in new Keithley 2600 Series folder that has been automatically added to your block diagram pallette (Instrument I/O > Instr Drivers > Keithley 2600 Series > Examples).

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(829 Views)

BTW, the Keithley drivers will be zipped.  You want to descend down to the Keithley 2600 Series folder and copy that directly into your LabVIEW inst.lib folder and then restart LabVIEW.  Then, it's best to do a mass compile (Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile...) and steer it to the Keithley 2600 Series folder and compile the whole thing so you don't have to do a save every time you use another VI from there.  Then you should have the nice, new sub-palette with the standard palette format...

NIquist_0-1683042982583.png

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(822 Views)

I didn't change anything in any of the subVI's. This was the VI from IDNet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(783 Views)