LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message clarification

Hello, I get this error when I try to run the program.

errormsg.png

I thought I can change the directory of each of the subVI's by using the Options menu from the Tools tab, but, it did not seem to do the trick. As of now, some of the subVI's load from a different directory. I don't know how to change the directory of each subVI so that they will load from the attached zip folder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,014 Views)

Hi user,

@solarfacility_user wrote:

Hello, I get this error when I try to run the program.

When I open the "Photocurrent.vi" inside the "Sun Simulator" folder I get no errors, it's executable.

I can also open the Keithley LVLIB without any errors. I can open the VITree inside that library and it only claims for "unwired inputs" errors…

I can also open the "Photocurrent.vi" without errors when it is placed above the Sun-Simulator folder…

General comment: the code in that project is rather bad and full of Rube-Goldbergs!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,001 Views)

I thought I can change the directory of each of the subVI's by using the Options menu from the Tools tab, but, it did not seem to do the trick.

I agree that your code is unnecessarily convoluted but that sentence above makes absolutely no sense!

You cannot change a VI path from the options menu. Can you explain what you actually did?

My best guess is that your created a mess by having files in memory loaded from unusual locations due to naming conflicts. Seems like a huge hairball. Can you close LabVIEW (without saving anything) and load the toplevel VI again?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(977 Views)

Hello, yes, I managed to have some of the VI's in the memory loaded from other locations. I did try to replace some the VI's with the same ones in the zip folder. How do I change this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(956 Views)

I did try to replace some the VI's with the same ones in the zip folder.

I really (really!!!) hope you are not opening VIs from within a zip folder. Can you explain.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(938 Views)

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't load the VI's from a zip folder. I get the error message (see image) when I try to run the PhotoCurrent VI file. I don't know how to make each subVI load from the (non-zip) folder, because most of them were loaded from somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(904 Views)

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't load the VI's from a zip folder. I get the error message (see image) when I try to run the PhotoCurrent VI file. I don't know how to make each subVI load from the (non-zip) folder, because most of them were loaded from somewhere else.

Use the File view in project explorer to find the ones loaded from the wrong place, then r-click, Replace VI and find the one at the correct place to replace it with. With luck you can save the situation.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(891 Views)

I don't know how to replace the VI's in question (the ones loaded from Drive D:\), since I can't select "Replace with". Also, when I select "Replace with a packed library...", the .lvlib file does not appear in the window.

replace error.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(864 Views)