LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control PIC programmer with LabVIEW

I need to control a PIC Programmer (MPLAB PM3) with LabVIEW. How to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48
(16,432 Views)
Check the following link:

http://www.calbay.com/ProgramIC%20Data%20Sheet.pdf

This toolkit might support the PIC Microcontroller.

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 48
(16,387 Views)
Thanks for your answer, but I need to control the device programmer (MPLAB PM3) by the port RS-232, and then the device programmer communicates itself with the PIC by bus ICSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48
(16,386 Views)
Hello,
If your device has a regular RS 232 port, you can use Visa to communicate with your device (open, read, write,...)The VIs are in LV in the Block Diagramm under Functions>>InstrumentI/O>>Visa. I am not sure if you need to make any special configuration but you should be able to use "Visa Open" or "Visa configure Serial Port" to open a Sessin to a COM port (ASRL1 = COM1, ASRL2 = COM2) then use "Visa Write" or "Visa Read" to communicate with your device. Dont forget to use "Visa Close" to end your Session.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48
(16,382 Views)
Yes I can communicate with MPLAB PM3 by RS-232 port, but I don�t know which data transfer or which DLL use to control this device programmer.
But finally I found a command line to do it.
Tanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48
(16,382 Views)
Hi,

Could you share with us where you've found it?

Regards,

Wiebe.

"CGE" wrote in message
news:50650000000500000014990100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com...
Yes I can communicate with MPLAB PM3 by RS-232 port, but I don't know
which data transfer or which DLL use to control this device
programmer.
But finally I found a command line to do it.
Tanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48
(16,382 Views)
I found this command-line in the microchip development tool "MPLAB IDE V6.53". This command-line is named PM3CMD.EXE, and it�s possible to execute it with the VI (System Exec.vi). This development tool is on microchip.com at the following address:
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/mp653.ZIP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 48
(16,382 Views)
Thanks, I use MPLAB IDE V 6.4. This version has a command line tool
procmd.exe. It's a beta version (01.80.15)... It seems to serve the same
purpose...

Regards,

Wiebe.

"CGE" wrote in message
news:506500000005000000DA9B0100-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com...
I found this command-line in the microchip development tool "MPLAB IDE
V6.53". This command-line is named PM3CMD.EXE, and it's possible to
execute it with the VI (System Exec.vi). This development tool is on
microchip.com at the following address:
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/mp653.ZIP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48
(16,385 Views)
Hi guys,

As an alternative to using the command line and system exec, you should be able to get the serial protocol specification document from Microchip for the PM3. I went through this process with the ProMate II a year or two ago. Eventually we developed a complete set of drivers - effectively a LabView version MPLAB. I'm not sure if it'll work seamlessly with the PM3, but I'd be happy to post it if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Paul
Landis+Gyr South Africa
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48
(16,059 Views)
Hi Paul.

I am working on a project that is using LabVIEW to communicate via serial communication with 4 programmers (Com 1, 2, 3, & 4). I am currently using the Microchip PM3 programmer DOS utility PM3CMD.exe to send/receive commands from the system exec.vi in LabVIEW. I am attempting to program simultaneously with 4 programmers, but the PM3 programmers are returning a database error if I try and communicate with more-than 2 programmers at a time. I noticed that you have some experience with some drivers from Microchip and using serial commands.

Do you have any suggestions that may help me.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48
(15,900 Views)