From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the font/color/size of tab controls independently?

Solved!
Go to solution

When I change one of these attributes, it applies to all tab controls...

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,308 Views)
See the vi in my post here
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,306 Views)
Solution
Accepted by christophe69000

christophe69000 wrote:

When I change one of these attributes, it applies to all tab controls...

Thanks for the help!

Tim handled the tab color side of this Q. 

If you are asking about the text that labels the tabs, they all have to be the same.

If you really want that and can settle for setting them at run time you can use

Advance >>> Tab layout >>> image only and use your own image to make it look like different sizes and fonts.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 5
(6,291 Views)

I know this is a really old post but I couldn't help but answering it because it seemed it didn't get the full answer.  The task is pretty simple you want to resize the text of the Tab Control's pages but if you select the Tab Control you are selected the Tab Control AND all the controls on the tab (which is really annoying, copying and pasting just a tab copy and pastes all the controls for example). So here is how you deal with Tab Controls.... Make them a Typedef. 

Then when you want to modify or just copy the Tab Control you go to the Typedef.  For working with characteristics of the Tab Control like Color/Font Size etc, you simply change it on the typedef. Now it has to be a Strict Type for those changes to take effect. One annoyance of doing this is that your size of the Tab Control and ALL the attributes will revert to what's in the Strict Type Def.  But I usually change it BACK to a regular Type Def for another annoyance: Adding Pages to a strict Type Def Tab Control.  When you do this, sometimes it does weird things with an already existing Tab Control like moving controls off or onto other pages. But if you do this when it is a Typedef, it doesn't do that.   But for the question at hand, it is simple. Go to the typedef, make the changes, and save (as a Strict Typedef) and go back and then go back if you want to to turn it back to a regular Type Def, if you want

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(369 Views)

If you only want to change the font of the text in the tabs of the tab control you can simply select the string in a tab like when you want to change the text itself and then apply the font settings to it,

If you want to change fonts of one or more controls on a single tab page, select them (lassoing is one way to select more then one or you can add and remove controls with shift-select to a selection) and then apply the font changes. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(354 Views)