cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Update a Control in a Physical Channel of a DAQ, while running the Vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

I'm working in a real time Thermocouple lecture,where when I click a button save the measure, pretty easy, but the problem is during execution I can't update the physical channels, for example If I want to update from reading 2 TC to 3, it remains the value, my intentions is to make this program into .exe. I thought to make it through a property node but apparently not working, VI Attached

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,252 Views)

You can not change the number of channels on the go. To change the settings, you need to stop and DELETE the task, then create a new one.
You now have the task setting up before the start of the cycle, so any changes in the measurement parameters during the program operation will not affect the data collection task.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,230 Views)

@Artem.SPb wrote:

You can not change the number of channels on the go. To change the settings, you need to stop and DELETE the task, then create a new one.
You now have the task setting up before the start of the cycle, so any changes in the measurement parameters during the program operation will not affect the data collection task.

You can add channels to an existing task, BUT not remove channels from an existing task. I believe you still need to stop and reconfigure the task.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,223 Views)

The easy solution it so set up all the tasks at the beginning and read from them.  You can decide in your program whether you care about the data from 1, 2, 3, .... or all of them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,217 Views)

well as the final version is .exe where my intentions are to remove the control toolbar, and when I close the .exe and open again before starting the measure, it remains the default physical channels, thats the main problem  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamiexx

I don't know what you mean by "control toolbar".

Any executable is going to open with its default values in the controls.

If you want settings from your last run of the executable to show up the next time you run it, then you need to save that information to a file before your VI ends, and then read that file and populate the controls when your VI starts.

Message 6 of 7
(2,176 Views)

Thanks you so much for you time that's what I have been looking for 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,167 Views)