LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding X Scale Repositions & Resizes Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

I've noticed that whenever I hide the scale on a graph, the graph adjusts its original size to fill the hidden scale space, thus making it slightly bigger.  Unfortunately, this is not what I want as I need to physically print perfect overlays of my graph (put paper in printer and print again) that are at exactly the same position and of exactly the same dimension (but have the x-scale hidden). 

Anyone know of a way to work around this problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,229 Views)

Clarification:

My X-scale is at the top, so hiding it resizes the graph to fill this space vertically

I calculated that it moves it up 19 pixels/spaces on my front panel. 

So the best fix I can think of right now is the following:

When in overlay mode (axis hidden):

make graph height 19 pixels smaller

move graph down 19 pixels

Is this the easiest fix?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,228 Views)

Hi jonvanjam,

Another work around could be drawing a front panel decoration and bring it to the front, covering up the X-scale.

Could you explain your application a bit better? Would it be possible to put all these plots on the same graph or do they need to be printed separately?

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
Message 3 of 11
(3,195 Views)

This particular VI which I'm working on is a "Print" VI for the part of my application that plots 10 different plots on an XY graph. Basically it takes a buffer of the graph the viewer is seeing on the previous screen and makes a plot (minus all the control buttons from before).  If the plot has no grid lines (overlay mode button) the print program will detect this and suppress the axis so that when the paper is printed over, the same lines are not reprinted.  The printer buffer VI also creates a legend (using a tab to hide text and controls) depending on what overaly graph it is (1,2,3) or if it is the original.  Since the graph preview VI also has scrolling with cursors, the print VI includes an auto-align option for the user in case he went off the graph with the cursors.  It's a fairly involved process and not simple to explain, so I'll just attach the print VI here. 

JeffL wrote:

Hi jonvanjam,

Another work around could be drawing a front panel decoration and bring it to the front, covering up the X-scale.

Could you explain your application a bit better? Would it be possible to put all these plots on the same graph or do they need to be printed separately?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,192 Views)

Try "un-checking" Reset Scale Layout*

Ben

* Learned from Christian

Message Edited by Ben on 03-24-2009 12:04 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,181 Views)

<subtlety>

Ben is a Steelers fan

</subtlety>

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 6 of 11
(3,173 Views)

Reseting the layout didn't solve my problem.  It just repositioned the x-axis Smiley Indifferent

X Axis

Visual representation of the prob. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonvanjam
I think you need to uncheck "Auto Adjust Scales" rather than "Reset Scale Layout".
Message 8 of 11
(3,147 Views)

MIG wrote:
I think you need to uncheck "Auto Adjust Scales" rather than "Reset Scale Layout".

Thats the ticket! Sorry about my crossed wires there.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,141 Views)
Yeah, that did it.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,138 Views)