LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All

I am acquiring data in the format of string. My data contains the information of time in style 00:00:00 (hour:min:sec) and number value in the style of exponential. I want to plot my number value against time. I have already converted this string number value to my decimal number and also the time data to number but without conserving my time style (00:00:00). I want to convert the time string format to decimal format while keeping the same time style (00:00:00) in order to plot. Can someone suggest me how to convert the time format to decimal number (conserving the time style) in order to plot the value or is there any possibility that I directly plot the string data against each other?

Secondly, how can I make the exe file in order not to access the code (block diagram)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,511 Views)

First, please use something descriptive in the subject.

If your dt is not constant, then you need to use an XY Graph.

Whether a normal graph or XY Graph, you would need to format the x axis to show absolute time. right click on the graph and select X Scale>Formatting.

If you have the pro version of LabVIEW or have purchased the app builder, you can create an exe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,496 Views)

First of all sorry for not using proper subject because after posting this query I noticed about it.

Anyhow, I have already tried to use the XY-graph but it is not taking the data directly. X-axis and Y-axis are taking data dynamically and in number format, but my time data is in string format 00:00:00 (HH:MM:SS), when I tried to wire the X-axis of plot to my time string value it is broken line means it can not connect so I can't plot the data directly. I think first I need to convert my string format to some other format and then I can plot. Actually I want to plot the data and time coming out of my device and I do not want to use my time clock of computer. Can anyone guide me how to solve my problem?

Also, I want to save the my data in file, but the problem is when I open spreadsheet and write data in it, new data over-writes the previous data and I could not make the log file. Can any suggest me what to do to store the data in the excel spreadsheet?

Lastly, which vi can I use to make the exe file, I am using LV Pro 8.5?

With regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,460 Views)
Do you have a report generation tool kit? did u buy a application builder?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,450 Views)

I think there is no need of report generation tool kit, if I want to just write some data in a file and then read it. LabVIEW is providing vi's for writing the data in file. The problem is when I write my data in spreadsheet, it overwrites the data and when I open my file I just see the last data.

Secondly, dennis has wrote in his reply, if I have the LV Pro. ver. then I can convert my vi into exe, in this case there is no need for application builder toolkit.

What do you say about it?

But my main question of plotting the data is still there!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,444 Views)

In your original post, you said you had converted "time data to number". If you really had, then you would not have a broken wire. Did you in fact, do the conversion? If so, how did you do it? A Scan From String function wil do the job.

If you are using the Write to Spreadsheet File function, it has a Boolean input to append or replace the file. Have you set this value correctly?

If you continue to have problems, you should attach the VI you've written so someone can look at what you've done.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,433 Views)
Dear Dennis, in my original post I mentioned that I have converted the time data string in decimal format but without keeping my timing information that is 00:00:00 (hours:min:sec). After conversion from the time data string to data number i can just get the value of hours and because after hour it is colon (:) and then minutes then again colon (:) and then seconds so I just got the hour value as decimal integer because the conversion function can't convert the colon (:) into decimal number. So, actually I am not getting my complete timing information but just hours. I hope I have tried to explain the problem. If still something is missing please let me know I can elaborate more.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,426 Views)
I thought that what you meant is that the graph was not displaying time. If you have a string such as 00:00:00, then use the Scan From String with a %t format string. You have a lot of help with this function. You can right click and select 'Edit Scan String' and select relative time in the dialog that pops up.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,422 Views)
Here is the help file for the Format Specifier Syntax. Look at the relative time syntax that Dennis had mentioned. Also, here is the help document that will describe how to Build a Stand-Alone Application.
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,411 Views)