LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change indicator property from another VI

Hi ,
  I am a newbie here , started exploring labview recently. I have a VI (say MAIN.vi) that contains a slider as an indicator. The program acquires signals from a potentiometer when user turns a knob and the value of the slider changes according to the turns. The maximum volt output of the potentiometer drops gradually with use. So I needed to create a 'wrapper' VI that allows user to acquire the new min. and max output from the potentiometer. I created this wrapper VI and was able to get the values.Now I need the wrapper VI to open the front panel of MAIN.vi  and calibrate the slider indicator there by changing the min and max property on it. I figured out how to use fp.open property of the VI reference for MAIN.vi from the wrapper vi , but I have not been able to figure out how to change the indicator property or pass the values to MAIN.vi and then change it programatically. Any ideas would be very useful. PLease let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Sindy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,371 Views)

You can change a controls properties with the property node:

Example_VI_BD.png

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,363 Views)

Use a reference. Right click the indicator and Create a reference.  Wire it to the other VI. 

Message Edited by elset191 on 06-17-2009 08:13 AM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,354 Views)