LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All

Hi All I have loop executed by inside timer every 1 minue, out side the loop I have aother circuit that parameters adjusted by string controller on the front panel, but the output of this circuit at the chart graph does not updated if i  change the paaeter from combo box controller until one or more loop period for the other circuit in the same VI, I needway to show the resultsdirectlyupdated as soon as I change the parameter by the combo box espacially  this circuit independent of that loop part.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,803 Views)

Can you post your VI?

I'm sorry but your English is just not that clear so several ideas/concepts seem to run together.  What is "paaeter"?

Message 2 of 7
(2,802 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

Can you post your VI?

I'm sorry but your English is just not that clear so several ideas/concepts seem to run together.  What is "paaeter"?

Yes posting code will help with the language barier.

I believe "paaeter" =  parameter

So guessing at what is being asked:

How can I change a prameter and imediately realize that change in anothe parallel loop?

Answer: Action Engine ! See this Nugget to learn about Action Engines and how they can be used to share data between multiple threads.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 7
(2,793 Views)

Hi attached a simplified circuit for my detailed one, I need to chang the multiplication factor from combo box while the program running, and see the chang immediatly on chart graph with outneed to stop and run again the program to see the updated change.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,764 Views)

You have some issues with data flow.

You have two completely separate loops that will operate in parallel.  The bottom loop will execute 10 times rather slowly because of the 2000 millisecond wait.  The upper loop will execute 12 times as fast as the CPU will allow.  Pretty much instantaneously.  So whatever is in your combo box before the program starts, you'll wind up with an array of 12 of those immediately.  If you want to see changes to the chart as they are happening, just move it inside the loop.

You probably want to merge the two loops into one.  It is hard to know what you want to do because this just seems like a basic exercise to learn about LabVIEW.  I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-12-2009 05:28 PM
Message 5 of 7
(2,760 Views)
This circuit is a simplified one, the original one is too complicated with 15 minutes iteration time(lower loop, orginal one needs to slide screen 20 time toview the whole circuit), during this time i want to analyse data from previous iteration and see the response instatntanously do you have any idea?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,746 Views)

First, let me correct you on terminology.  You don't have a "circuit".  You have a block diagram.  A circuit is what you have if you are dealing with copper wires and electrical devices.

If you want to analyze data in one loop while collecting data in another loop, you should look at the producer/consumer architecture.  Look under File / New .....

If you have something that takes 15 minutes per iteration,  you really do have a lot going on and probably need to look for ways to break that down further.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,732 Views)