LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with incorrect 3D plot output of time-varying loudness

Hello,

I am using the time-varying loudness node in the SV suite and I have getting some unexpect results. If you take a look at my attached code and then my attached screenshot (which is just the results of my testing) it will help you to understand my issue. Basically, my code is telling me that I took 9.54seconds of data, but the 3D plot only showns 9.35seconds of data analyzed. Does anyone understand why this is? The most peculiar thing for me is that the time-varying loudness plot goes to 9.54s, but it is only the 3D plot which is off. This is strange because they are both outputs of the same node. Additionally, I can tell by zooming in on the 3D plot that it is using the 20ms slices. So I don't think that is causing my issues. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks,

Troy_B

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,941 Views)

Troy, 

Thank you for using NI forums! I tried running your VI, but it isn't writing any data. I noticed on your screen shot that the RawData control said 0--how are you writing your data?

Have you tried using the shipping example that uses that VI? You can find it by going to Help >> Find Examples, then selecting search and typing in "loudness". The VI is called SVXMPL_Measure Time-Varying Loudness. 

Also, if you try connecting a graph indicator to the same output as your 3D plot, what do you see?

loudnes.PNG

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,914 Views)

Katie,

I know it doesn't wire any data. It is because i am actually using the code within a very large program. So i wasn't able to give you the full view. That is also why I attached the screen shot. So Basically I am acquiring data from a microphone and storing into the variable RawData. Then I do the analysis exactly like the above attached code shows. From there I get what is shown in the screen shot. Does that make more sense? I believe the problem just lies in what is happening withing the Time-Varying analysis node. I just don't understand why the time scales on the Time-Varying Waveform plot are different than the 3D plot.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense!

-Troy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,909 Views)

Troy, 

Since you have working data, could you try adding a waveform graph indicator at the same place as the  3D plot? An illustration of this is in my last post. What does that graph look like?

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,887 Views)

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the help! Attached are two pictures that I think are what you are looking for. I built an indicator just like you showed in your diagram (sorry i missed that before). It shows the x-axis going out to 240, which I believe is the y-axis on the 3D plot. There are 24 Barks (y-axis of 3D plot) and I use a .1 muliplier on the y-axis scale of the 3D plot to get it down to 24. So I am not sure what the indicator shows us. Are you looking to see how many "slices" it takes for the 3D plot x-axis? Let me know if this helps or if you need more information. Thanks!

-Troy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,880 Views)

Troy, 

In the end, that wasn't actually helpful! Thank you for providing it, though, as it did actually assist me in narrowing down where the issue lies. I played around with the VI, and if you notice, the data going into the plot has no time associated with it. If you right click on the VI and select properties, then select the scales tab. If you notice, the multiplier is 0.00195312. You actually want that to be equal to 2 divided by the sampling rate; the 3D plot uses half the array that is going into the S&V VI. For instance, I built a quick VI and put in 100S/s, so 2/100 = .02; changing the multiplier to .02 allowed by data to line up correctly. Try that change; is it now performing as expected?

Katie

Katie Collette
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,857 Views)

Katie,

That didn't work for me unfortunately. I changed my multiplier to a control so that you can see the values I enter. You can see the control value in the middle of the screen shots. Here is a list of the attached files:

Block diagram: shows my block diagram setup

Two_Div_Fs.png: This is what you asked for. My sampling frequency (Fs) is 51200. So I took 2/51200=0.0000390625 and plugged that into the multiplier.

One_Div_Fs_Times100.png. What I had before was (1/51200)*100=0.001953125. I have no idea why i multiply by 100, I just did it because it got me close.

So I am not quite sure what is going on. Any ideas?

Thanks

-Troy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,845 Views)

Hi Troy,

I have a quick question for you: If you use another type of graph, do you get all the data that you have?

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,824 Views)

Hello,

I guess I don't really know what you mean by other type. Are you saying a colormap or a waterfall? There are only 3 types of transient graphs in the S & V package that I can see (Frontpanel-->Sound & Vibration-->Transient Spectra-->SV Intensity Graph is what I am using). I tried connecting a colormap or waterfall and they both don't work. Or at least I don't know how to convert the data into the type of into those graphs want.

Thanks for the help,

Troy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,813 Views)

Hi Troy,

Sorry for the of topic but I have to ask.

Grip Location

Loudnese vs barks vs time

What are you doing to those critters?

With a son that recently graduated from Vet Tech I can only imagine.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,810 Views)