LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in referencing variables

I have 10 control variables and several tanks. I need to measure the largest among these 10 variables, and the largest would activate a certain tank. 

For example, if I have variables "1,2,3,4": first I want to check which is the largest, 4 is the largest, so I need a tank which has a reference or a link to the variable 4 to start incriminating. 

Anyone could help me in that, please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,865 Views)

Use "Array Max & Min".  It will return for you the largest value and the index it was found at.  You can use that index with a lookup table for you tanks.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,848 Views)

Please spend a little time with the LabVIEW Tutorials listed on the first page of this Forum.  As you learn simple LabVIEW concepts, try to duplicate the diagrams shown and run the code to "see what it does" and get familiar with how LabVIEW works (it is NOT like C or MatLab!).  Once you have a little understanding, you'll be better able to pose your question so it makes "LabVIEW Sense" (and maybe you'll even realize how to solve it, yourself).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,813 Views)

@ghinak wrote:

I have 10 control variables and several tanks

The term "variable" is not very well defined in LabVIEW. Can you show us some code so we can figure out what you are actually describing? Similar ambiguities exist with terms such as "link" and "reference".

I assume that the tank size is fixed. Are you talking about the liquid level? (I assume these are not military tanks).

What is "incriminating" in this context?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,792 Views)