LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use a Thermometer MLX90614 sensor with mydaq - sos

Hello everyone, please help me.
I have this sensor: MLX90614ESF-BAA
And I manage to work with Arduino (according to the following guide).
 https://www.elecrow.com/wiki/index.php?title=Infrared_Thermometer_MLX90614_Breakout_Board
My goal is to convert the code to LABVIeW and work with MYDAQ.
I want to show the temperatures and graph that shows the change in temperature as a function of time.

I was trying to find out how to work with the I2C protocol in LABVIeW and it didn't work that well for me (By the way Im new in LABVIeW ).

please help me 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,882 Views)

Judging by the code you've posted so far, you have not spent enough (or may any) time with the LabVIEW Tutorials, such as those listed on the first page of this Forum.  You can also find videos (some from NI) by searching the Web.

LabVIEW, "out of the box", does protocols that are available to (all) PCs, namely Serial (VISA), USB (VISA), and TCP/IP (VISA).  [The reason I listed VISA so often is that the Virtual Instrument Software Architecture standard can use several types of "ports" to communicate with (basically serial) peripherals].

Newer protocols, such as I2C and SPI, don't have the hardware to support them built into the PC.  There are peripherals that can take a serial stream through a VISA port and turn it into something that conforms to these newer protocols.  

You mention myDAQ.  This also does not have the hardware on board to support I2C or SPI.  However, I believe the myRIO can support these protocols.  

Did you do a Web search on LabVIEW and I2C?  

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,842 Views)