cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP/AGILENT 8561E Amplitude units configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I am using HP/AGILENT 8561E Spectrum Analayzer for Antenna measurements and need to use dBuV  amplitude units during this test .

I am using downloaded drivers from NI and all work fine. Last thing that I need is to config my Spectrum Analayzer for dBuV units but I don't find appropriate vi  drivers that do this, there is default dBm units only. Of course is possibility  to add relationship between dBuV and dBm and calculate this but I want to config my Spectrum analayzer. Could you please assist me?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,177 Views)

Hello Leonid, 

I assume you are using the Agilent 856X Series Analyzer from our NI IDNet page, correct?

Which function are you using to configure the amplitude and how it is configured? Are you using a logarithm scale? 

Can you send a screenshot or your vi?

Looking at the Config Amplitude VI, it seems it configures as dbm, but you may change this subvi by changing one of the VISA write command.  

In general, the LabVIEW driver uses NI VISA functions to call the Agilent 856X SCPI commands. If you open each subvi, you will see that the VISA functions send commands to the instrument. You can find the commands on the Agilent Technologies 8560 E-Series  User Guide

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards

Dalia

Dalia Russek
Senior Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments ISRAEL Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,112 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leo_T

Not sure how to do it with your downloaded driver from NI. But it is a very simple SCPI command. You can set the amplitude units this way:

Agilent 8561E (AUNITS CMD).png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leo_T

Hello Leonid, 

Based on Jamiva's answer, you can modify the Agilent 856X Series.lvlib:Config Amplitude.vi and add the SCPI command to the VISA Write VI.

AgilentWrite.JPG

Let me know if you have any question

Dalia Russek
Senior Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments ISRAEL Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,073 Views)

Hello Dalia

Yes, I am using Agilent 856X Series Analyzer drivers  from your NI IDNet page.

Screenshots are attached.

You can see how my SA is configured ( Log scale, dBm is default...)

Thanks for SA 8561 user guide. I will try to implement needed command  in vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,054 Views)

Hi 

Thanks a lot for advising

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,053 Views)

OK

I am going to this solution

Thanks a Lot!

0 Kudos