cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed library compiled ok but loaded with an error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a project based on Project Packed Libraries (PPL).

- Actor Framework.lvlibp - contains Actor Framework.lvlib

- Kernel.lvlibp - contains the main code and interfaces

- Launcher.exe which calls the VI from kernel to launch the main actor, no more.

- many plugins (*.lvlibp) -- not relevant here

I compile Actor Framework, updated Kernel packed libraries and Launcher.exe withou any problem, as many times before. Suddenly, when I want to launch the exe app, it returns an error, that Launch Root Actor.vi is broken... ??? !!!

The recompiled Actor Framework PPL is ok because it is running with older Kernel PPL versions. When I open compiled Kernel PPL in LabVIEW IDE, it is withou errors.

Does anyone know, what may be the problem ???

I have solved this problem also for the plugins PPL projects, which cannot be compiled due to compiled PPL Kernel error...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,427 Views)

2 possible issues I have had with PPLs.

1. You compiled in an older version of LabVIEW without the "Allow future versions of LabVIEW to load this packed library" checked (new in 2017).  This recently got me when I installed LabVIEW 2020 and my executable decided to run in the 2020 RTE, but one of my PPLs was compiled with 2019 without that option enabled.

2. You broke the relative paths somehow.  This is easy to do and you have to be very careful of where you build your PPLs and distribute them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,397 Views)

I had something like this while ago. All ppls compiled correctly but application was unable to start.

My setup was that I have many projects and each of them compile to one ppl, main app does not have them in dependencies but loads at some point.

Try to add all ppls to main project and check for errors. In my case i had something like ''class is permanently broken" and the only solution was to replace all class terminals on front panel...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,388 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charlie87

The problem was probably the Access Scope. I set some Actor classes in Kernel.lvlib private. The purpose was to prevent launching those Actors from plugins.

When I changed the access scope to public, the problem is gone, but the question remained... is it bug or correct behaviour in LabVIEW..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,351 Views)