LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph issue with "scale object to pane"

Solved!
Go to solution

I have made a program that  uses a mixed signal graph to show result on a screen. I have selected "scale object to pane". The program automatically goes to fullscreen when started. I have a small problem though. It works well with some screen resolutions but sometimes the graph itself is beneath the window. I set the Yscale Maximum and Minimum in the program but 0 is still below the border. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Pictures below 

How it looks

How it should look

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,802 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_Y

Hi Peter,

well, I don't like the automatic scaling of LabView as (usually) fonts gets distorted...

What about this:

Check screen resolution, then change the size of the graph accordingly... All this can be done using property nodes!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,796 Views)

Tried something like that and it works. I used the property node for the graph. Plot area > Size > Height and set it to screen resolution height - 120. 120 is for the the window itself etc.

But I wrote the screen resolution myself in an integer constant. How do I find out the screen resolution automatically?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,784 Views)

Hi Peter,

place a property node on the block diagram ("App" by default) and select Display->Monitor Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(2,775 Views)