LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using labview signalexpress as a scope

Hey all,

I'm using NI-6009 to aquire signals from a sensor, And i needed some kind of a graphical representation program, mainly for demonstartion issues. This is way I tried to use signalexpress, which i find very convinient 🙂 My only problem is that I can't see the data in RT as in a scope, i can only see it block by block, with each block plotting running over the plot of the previous block...

What i wish to see is, as in a scope, a time line which i can configure (Say 10 sec) and the signal advancing on this time line, until it reaches it's end, and then the process begins again from the beginning of the time line...  Is this possible with signalexpress? Or should I write my own GUI for presentation purposes?

Thx for any answers... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,414 Views)

I would recomend you post to the Signal Express board for questions regarding that software.

If you intend to use LabVIEW, then what you want is pretty simple to program.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,404 Views)

I'll try there, thx

I know it must be trivial, if it is not too much of a trouble I would appriciate any directions about how it is done in labview

thx:) 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,385 Views)
One way to do it in LabVIEW is to write to a chart and use the elapsed time function to determine when to clear the chart.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,373 Views)
If you want to use LabVIEW, then just open up the Example Finder. You should find numerous examples on acquiring data and displaying data on graphs. This is not something new. Make sure you've installed DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,370 Views)