From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Cursor Selection

A long, long time ago in a LabVIEW version far, far away...

Spoiler

we used to be able to right-click the cursor legend and crate a property node for the legend itself. Using the property "value" of the that property node let us write the contents of the cursor legend which meant we could write our own version of the cursor legend when we needed it.

See this thread where I shared how to access the cursor list.

But unless you want to down grade to LV 8 or so, that functionality has been eliminated when the graphs were re-written and the new developer did not realize the full capabilities of the graph. I always hated it when that happens.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 15
(480 Views)

What happens to old code when it get imported? Is it broken, or does it still work with "deprecated" property nodes?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(465 Views)

Well....that's unfortunate! Thanks for the insight.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(456 Views)

wiebe@CARYA ha scritto:

What happens to old code when it get imported? Is it broken, or does it still work with "deprecated" property nodes?

Mostly broken, but not all. In a LV7.1 vi I had a reference to the Plot legend and another to the Scale legend.

Opening in LV2011, the Plot legend ref was gone, the other was still there.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 14 of 15
(448 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

wiebe@CARYA ha scritto:

Mostly broken, but not all. In a LV7.1 vi I had a reference to the Plot legend and another to the Scale legend.

Opening in LV2011, the Plot legend ref was gone, the other was still there.

While it does not help thutch79 with the challenge at hand...

it does give a chance to reflect on the change that was made back then LV APPEARED (I have no internal knowledge and am sharing my impression) to be built of other LV controls. The various legends were in fact arrays of clusters and we could create references to them. After the change, the LV controls seemed to have been flattened out and became monoliths.

Here is a convoluted example.

Show the "Digital display" on a chart.

Customize the chart and go to edit mode and right-click replace the numeric indicator with a slider.

Right click the slider and select "show digital display".

Right-click the newly shown digital display and you will see that "advanced >>> Customized" is grayed out.

In the old versions we could repeatedly customize.

So while they look similar on the surface, there was a change that took place that reduced some of the capabilities.

Sorry about wasting the bandwidth...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(431 Views)