From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good things from NXG that I would like to see brought over to LabVIEW classic

As suggested by EricR in the "What's stopping you from switching..." thread.  Here is what I liked in LabVIEW NXG that I would like to see brought over to LabVIEW classic (now that NI is ceasing development of NXG in 2021).

For me it would be:

What would you like to see brought over?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 1 of 35
(3,540 Views)

I sure hope that the NXG data grid will make it (See also)  

Message 2 of 35
(3,514 Views)

May not exactly be on topic since I don't think they ever made it out of the backlog, but I was really disappointed when Darren said sparse enums would only be coming to NXG.

Message 3 of 35
(3,484 Views)

I'd like to see some of the namespacing changes make it to LabVIEW 202x. Being able to set the namespace of code in different ways seems like it would be pretty useful for some of the packaging/distribution challenges currently being tackled.

GCentral
Message 4 of 35
(3,460 Views)

Documented API for custom:

• Functions
  • Tools
  • Diagrams
  • Project items

In fact, CG should move to NXG's mindset: "here's how to make tools, please do".

Verses CG: "it's unpractical as it is, and we locked it with hashes on top of that".

Message 7 of 35
(3,407 Views)

Readable file format (XML or JSON would do...).

Message 8 of 35
(3,405 Views)

A zoom in.

They can keep the zoom out 😋.

We need to be able to make things bigger, to see 1 pixel wires on 8k screens (16? 32? Who knows?). As long as the zoom factor stays >1X, we're not encouraging one liner VIs more than we do now...

Message 9 of 35
(3,402 Views)

I could get used to the direct access of properties of the selected item.

But please not in a docked window, permanently wasting screen resources...

Message 10 of 35
(3,399 Views)