LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started window keeps appearing after testing with Teststand

Hello everyone,

I have a question. We have a test station for production, and every time they run a test with TestStand, at the beginning and end of the test, the GSW appears. This is very annoying and I haven't found any solution for it. Does anyone have an idea what might help?

I already tried in LabVIEW:

Tools>Options>Environment> "Skip Getting Started Window", this just opens a blank vi during testing

Modify the labview.ini file, with the command: showNoNavDialog=True, also opens blank vi

Using:

Labview 15

Teststand 16

Windows 10

Greetings,

Jonathan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Failing organizations are usually over-managed and under-led.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,317 Views)

Have you tried to use the LabVIEW Runtime Engine instead of the LabVIEW Development Environment?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,281 Views)

Yes, but we would need to switch every time we want to test or develop. We dont want to use the runTime Engine untill every testprogram works. Untill then we need to surpress the Getting Started window somehow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,277 Views)

You probably also saw this post (changing TestStand Window Activation on the run options tab of the step properties) but just in case... 

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,271 Views)

Saw it and tried it. But with the second solution nothing happened. Instead of keeping Teststand in the front, the LabVIEW Getting Started Window was kept in the foreground.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,267 Views)