LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG Labview Simulation

Greetings !
here am more likely to process signals using wavelet transforms and other processing techniques but i got struck how to process ECG signal ( right from how to give ECG as input ) first let me know how to acquire ECG in labview..??iam using labVIEW 2016 myRIO version..
i would be greatful if you could provide me detailed solution ..
Cheers !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,374 Views)

Hello ivanjoel,

I am not familiar with the term ECG, but it looks like it could mean electocardiography, to measure heart activity. According to the wikipedia article: "In a conventional 12-lead ECG, ten electrodes are placed on the patient's limbs and on the surface of the chest."

I'm not familiar with myRIO but I just looked at one of the pinouts and it looks like it only has 4 analog inputs, so maybe you could do a less accurate version of this measurement. I think the first step would be to get some electrodes and look through the DAQmx examples that come with LabVIEW for collecting analog signals.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,322 Views)

The myRIO extension ports have a total of 8 analog inputs (4 for each port).  This will allow you to do up to 9 leads.  I have never tried reading ECG directly with myRIO, but if you tie to Right Leg lead to the analog input grounds as your reference point and run the other leads to the eight analog inputs, you might get some good signals with the analog input range set to one of the lowest ranges (equates to on of the highest gains).

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,319 Views)