From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Javascript data to WebVI

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm just getting started with WebVIs as part of the LabVIEW NXG Web Module and have a basic question:  How do I get data from javascript into the WebVI block diagram?  

I have existing Javascript code that generates data but I want to move the processing of that data from javascript to the WebVI.  There are examples on how to include my custom javascript into a webVI, but I'm not sure how to integrate it in with the WebVI code. 

At NI week there was discussion of a "Javascript Library Interface", but I can't seem to find any online documentation.  Does the "Javascript Library Interface" solve my problem, or is there some other way, or is it impossible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,690 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nathan-p2

The JavaScript Library Interface (JSLI) is the feature designed to enable communication between a WebVI block diagram and the browser JavaScript environment. The JSLI is not available in NXG 2.1 but can be experimented with in the beta available at https://ni.com/techpreview

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,665 Views)