LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Help on ActiveX Property or Method in LabVIEW

I am coding some Excel reading and writing in LabVIEW.  I'm using ActiveX (instead of the Report Generator tools) for speed and flexibility.

I have two PCs, one running Windows XP with Office XP, another with Windows 7 and Office 2007 (I just noticed the symmetry here).  I have LabVIEW 8.6 and 2010 installed on both machines.

On the XP machine, if I right-click on an ActiveX Property or Methods node (for example, the Property node _Worksheet/UsedRange), I can select Help for the particular Property or Method (e.g. "Help for UsedRange").  When I do so, a Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Reference window pops up and opens to the requested Property or Method.  This works for both LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW 2010.

When I do the same thing on my Windows 7 machine, nothing pops up!  I'm guessing that the link to the Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Reference is missing, broken, or there is no reference.  Any clue how to fix this?

Actually, as I was composing this Post, it occurred to me to see if I could find a VBA Help File on either of my two machines.  A search found VBAXL10.CHM, which seems to be the Microsoft Excel Visual Basic Reference that LabVIEW pops up for me on my XP machine, living in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033.  To my surprise, the same file seems to be on my Windows 7 machine, but in a slightly different folder, namely C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\1033.  Yet LabVIEW on Windows 7 doesn't reference it when I right click and ask for Property or Method help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,126 Views)

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure if there's a straightforward way for you to fix LabVIEW's reference to the help file in Windows 7 (I imagine it might be in a configuration file or set up in the Windows registry). In either case, I can try and replicate this behavior on my end and then pass the information up to R&D. If there is indeed a mistake in the referencing, R&D will be able to look into the matter further. For the meantime, you will have to rely on manually searching the help file you found on Windows 7 to lookup the ActiveX methods/properties that you are using.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,098 Views)