LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic alignment of graphs

I'm trying to precisely align two graphs (horizontally in this case, but in any position generally), but I don't quite see how to do it with the available properties.  If I use the "plot bounds", then the graph is well aligned, but none of other stuff comes along (legend, bounding box, etc.).  If I use "position", then all the stuff comes along, but the alignment is done according to the outermost objects (often the bounding box), rather than the graph itself.

What I want of course is to directly control the plot bounds, and for all of the stuff to automatically come along for the ride in the same relative position.  Is there a simple way to do this?

Alternatively, if I could directly manipulate the bounding box, I might be able to do what I need to do.  The problem is that the bounding box (or other outer objects) define the reference position for my graph.  If I could make all of them disappear, then maybe the "position"  property would define exactly the position of the graph.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,244 Views)

I found a way to do it after a little more thought--it's just math of course, but it seems complicated for such a trivial task.   Can anybody suggest a simpler way to do it?

I'd love to get rid of that bounding box too.  It doesn't really seem to serve any positive purpose.  It's too bad Labview doesn't define the top left of the graph as a single reference point to move all the graph-related objects (or am I wrong?).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,235 Views)

You can paint the background rectangle of the entire graph object transparent.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,231 Views)

The color palette would make the rectangle invisible, but it is apparently only a visual effect--it isn't truly gone.  As far as I'm aware, the bounding box is not a separate object such as the legend, label, graph palette, etc. that have a "visible" property.  When those objects' visible property is set to false, they truly disappear and do not contribute to the bounds of the combined graph object.  That's what's tripping me up.  Am I wrong about this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,220 Views)