LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error -41007 when using Append Report Text.vi from report generation toolkit of LabVIEW 2022 Q3

When I tried to write the data to an Excel file using Append report text.vi I get an error asking for the LabVIEW Report generation toolkit for Microsoft Office installed or to create this type of report. Please help I am not able to get the MS Office report generation toolkit in my labview.

Attached snippet of Code and error.

To resolve this issue have tried multiple solutions:-
  • Removed and reinstalled report generation toolkit of 2021,2022,2023, but still not getting those toolkits installed in PC
  • Tried to install those toolkits using external NI Installers, still not getting the toolkits required by the Excel log VI's.
  • Install MS Office toolkits using NI Package Manager which I tried. Still not working

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(610 Views)

1. You have attached a .png image, not a snippet. They are very different.

2. Always attach your .vi if possible. It allows people to actually run your program and fault find effectively. 

-41007 NI-Reports: (Hex 0xFFFF5FD1) You must have the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office installed to create this type of report. The toolkit must also have an activated license or be in evaluation mode.

Sounds like the problem is this:

@mayankmpc wrote:

Please help I am not able to get the MS Office report generation toolkit in my labview.

If you don't have the toolkit, use a different way of creating the file. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(593 Views)

Or it could be that MS Office is missing or can’t be found. Office 365 is nowadays 64-bit by default. If you use LabVIEW 32-bit the Toolkit can’t connect to the office installation. In addition some of the installers tend to not do or at least not correctly register the necessary ActiveX registry settings. A repair install of the MS Office application usually fixes that. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(551 Views)