cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting DATETIME milliseconds from SQL Database into Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to extract a timestamp from my database in MS SQL and I am not getting the milliseconds when I fetch the data. Does anyone know how to program sql or labview so I can get the whole timestamp. In SQL I have it set as datetime2. I'll appreciate any help. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,705 Views)

Have you confirmed the ms data is in the database?  If so, how exactly are you converting the SQL response to LabVIEW data?  If you are using the variant to data and supplying it with a LabVIEW timestamp, try changing it to a string and verify the data is in the response (you may also be able to probe the variant and see it).  I have had issues with NI's conversions of SQL timestamps into LV timestamps, particularly with bit errors so the timestamp no longer matches the timestamp in the database.  I have had to bring it in as a string, then use Scan From String to convert it into a timestamp reliably.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,702 Views)
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the data is in the database I have attached a few pictures of how I am doing it, maybe you can tell me if I am doing something wrong. But as you can see, I have used fetch and fetch all to try to get it and it still does not work.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,685 Views)
There were no images in your response.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(7,679 Views)
sorry the attachment is not working
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,677 Views)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,674 Views)
Do NOT post 3 and 4 MB files. Use Paint to save them as png and a reasonable size.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,661 Views)
Sorry about that
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bertha

It looks like it is an ADO driver issue, not specific to LabVIEW.  If you use the query

SELECT Convert(varchar,Start_Test_Time,21) FROM Engine_Tests

you can get the data back in a string and convert to a timestamp.

You can also use

SELECT DATEPART(msStart_Test_Time) FROM Engine_Tests

to just get the ms part.  More info on DATEPART can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174420(SQL.90).aspx

Message 9 of 13
(7,620 Views)
This really helped! Thank you for your time
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,609 Views)