LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetValueByPointer CLFN

Solved!
Go to solution

I call a DLL which return a pointer (char *r),and I want to check the actual value  the pointer represents.  According to the guidance in NI.com, I found GetValueByPointer.xnode can cater to my requirements.But I can't find it in the corresponding folder, There are a lot of Vi beside GetValueByPointer.xnode and My labview vision is 2018.is it because I still download some extral library or others?And one more question,when I call this DLL(which returns a pointer to a string),which type I should chose for return value?  String or Numeric,it's an entanglement.And here are some key settings for my project:

QQ截图20200830215247.pngQQ截图20200830215208.pngQQ截图20200830215149.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scu

More likely it's because your File Dialog box is configured to only show you .vi, .ctl and some other file extensions but not .xnode. Change in the drop down box to show All (*.*) and then look agan.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,402 Views)

Shouldn't you be able to configure the return value as a string?

My guess is the C char is \00 terminated, so LV would deal with it just fine. But maybe not...

(AFAIK) the usual way is to provide an sufficiently large input string buffer (and it's size), so the dll can fill it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,388 Views)