From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get position of the control on front panel window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have front panel window divided with splitters on many panes. On one pane I have a button (and an overlay window) that I would like to programmatically move at run-time. I would like to get the position of the button according to front panel coordinate system, but to my knowledge no such property exists. I know that I can calculate position if I calculate position of each slitter (or pane) that is between front panel origin and the button, but this takes a lot of time if you have many such cases.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,259 Views)

Where are you trying to move the control to? Another pane? Can you provide an example of what you are trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrej
Message 3 of 5
(4,223 Views)

Thank you for this source, this is exactly what I was looking for. Although, one should be careful when menu bar and/or tool bar of a window are hidden, because position of a control is not as expected. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,207 Views)

Hi,

I would like to use your subVI to get the control's coordinates (in Labview coordinate system) and use them as input

to programmatically move the mouse on that control, symulating a mouse_down event.

Do you know how can i do?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,931 Views)