cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get position of the control on front panel window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have front panel window divided with splitters on many panes. On one pane I have a button (and an overlay window) that I would like to programmatically move at run-time. I would like to get the position of the button according to front panel coordinate system, but to my knowledge no such property exists. I know that I can calculate position if I calculate position of each slitter (or pane) that is between front panel origin and the button, but this takes a lot of time if you have many such cases.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,265 Views)

Where are you trying to move the control to? Another pane? Can you provide an example of what you are trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by andrej
Message 3 of 5
(4,229 Views)

Thank you for this source, this is exactly what I was looking for. Although, one should be careful when menu bar and/or tool bar of a window are hidden, because position of a control is not as expected. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,213 Views)

Hi,

I would like to use your subVI to get the control's coordinates (in Labview coordinate system) and use them as input

to programmatically move the mouse on that control, symulating a mouse_down event.

Do you know how can i do?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,937 Views)