From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Value from Waveform Graph%2FChart

Any way of using the mouse cursor to select and get the value of a value of a waveform graph and/or chart similar to the function available in Matlab..?

If there's no specific method, any workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,831 Views)

Not sure I understand your question. Graph and charts have built-in cursors...

Message 2 of 7
(2,825 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

Not sure I understand your question. Graph and charts have built-in cursors...

I'm looking for the ability to get an instananeous value of a chart/graph by hovering the mouse over the value of interest. I've experimented with the graph's cursors but they're a bit clunky in terms of their operation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,822 Views)

Ah, well, for this you have to write it yourself. You can do this using an event structure. In this response I showed a simple way to do this for a mouse up, although you can do the same thing with the mouse move event. What you put in the True case is really up to you. You could update some text indicators, or you can use graph annotations.

Message 4 of 7
(2,818 Views)

There are some methods that should help.

"Get Plot at Postion"

"Map Coordinates to XY"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 7
(2,816 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

Ah, well, for this you have to write it yourself. You can do this using an event structure. In this response I showed a simple way to do this for a mouse up, although you can do the same thing with the mouse move event. What you put in the True case is really up to you. You could update some text indicators, or you can use graph annotations.

YES! Just what I was looking for!

Any easy way to display the value of the waveform graph besides from in the cursor legend?

I'm thinking something like a label (or text indicator as you've suggested) that pops up beside the position of the cursor with the Y value of the cursor.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,807 Views)

Have a look at the enclosed VI.

Change the mouse click to mouse move if that is what ou need.

Edit: Ben was faster than me

For the text you can play with the cursor name.

Edit2: Actually the XY indicator shows the mouse coordinates, not the curve's one.

Just retrieve the cursor position after moving it.

Message 7 of 7
(2,806 Views)