LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get LV Class Parent Name

@Intaris wrote:

I'm 102.7% sure I'm not interpreting this correctly, but why not create a class to inherit from the 3rd-party class you don't want to modify and just call the method on that? You can create all overridable DD VIs, and just throw in a "Call Parent Method" on the BD. Now you don't have to worry about which parent implements it, LV will take care of it for you.....

Because it has to work in run-time and it has to work with any class.

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(353 Views)

@LucianM wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

I'm 102.7% sure I'm not interpreting this correctly, but why not create a class to inherit from the 3rd-party class you don't want to modify and just call the method on that? You can create all overridable DD VIs, and just throw in a "Call Parent Method" on the BD. Now you don't have to worry about which parent implements it, LV will take care of it for you.....

You mean, without prior edit-time knowledge of the class.... Gotcha.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(348 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

@LucianM wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

You mean, without prior edit-time knowledge of the class.... Gotcha.

The Connector Pane is crucial factor.

If you know it (at compile time), you have lots of options (Call By Reference, Run method, Call And Forget, run a VI that is already running).

If you don't, all you have is the Run method. So you're stuck to the root loop, and you can't run VIs that are already running.

I can't see why these limits are still there (apart from time restraints).

See Run As SubVI method.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(344 Views)