LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Error 6 about 50% of time when building Application

This could be related to the problem I have experienced. As soon as you are unsuccessful at creating a build, try to open the VI that was shown in the error message. When trying to open the FP of the VI, do you get the same "Unable to display the front panel..." message that I received?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 54
(1,399 Views)

I have the same problem only it is more like 90% of the times.

Any progress on this?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 54
(1,367 Views)

hfettig, can you report back if it's related to the error I received?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 54
(1,365 Views)

No, I have not seen any errors like that.

Still have errors during building.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 54
(1,342 Views)

@dbaechtel wrote:

No, I have not seen any errors like that.

So just to make sure, when you receive the build error, and then try to open the Front Panel of the VI that threw the error, you can open that FP with no problems?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 54
(1,339 Views)

I can open the VI that throws the error without any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 54
(1,329 Views)

I have no problem opening the FP after a Build error.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 54
(1,319 Views)

Thanks, both, for responding! I'll duck out now, since this does not seem to be related to my issue (which also had erratic/unreproducible build errors as a symptom).

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 54
(1,311 Views)

hfetti-

Can you give us any more information?  Can you give an example of code that exhibits this behavior?  Any sort of pattern that you have noticed?  Are you on a computer with similar specifications?  As of right now we can just guess at different causes.  That error means that LabVIEW doesn't have access/permission to delete our temporary files.  Are you using Google Desktop or a similar program that indexes your hard drive?  Can you replicate this on multiple machines with the same project?

Hopefully we can replicate this because if we can its much easier to provide a solution.

hfettig
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 54
(1,293 Views)

@Jon S. wrote:

hfetti-

Can you give us any more information?  Can you give an example of code that exhibits this behavior?  Any sort of pattern that you have noticed?  Are you on a computer with similar specifications?  As of right now we can just guess at different causes.  That error means that LabVIEW doesn't have access/permission to delete our temporary files.  Are you using Google Desktop or a similar program that indexes your hard drive?  Can you replicate this on multiple machines with the same project?

Hopefully we can replicate this because if we can its much easier to provide a solution.

hfettig

Have you tried application build on Intel i5-750 (4 core systems) [FAST multicore]  with Windows 7 Ultimate?

I can not share application code because of NDA. I will try and produce some test code.

No pattern except about 50% failure.

Only have 1 development computer, do not have another to try.

Have you tried to make your temp file deletion more resistent to failures? Like try multiple times with slight time delay between.

Google Desktop is not installed on the machine. Never was. No Google software is. Machine is 1 month old, clean, minimal software installed

I don't have multiple machines to try, maybe you do.

I am really not trying to be difficult with this.

I would like very much to see this issue found and fixed.

I am just giving you the facts: can't share code (confidential), have only 1 machine to try.

You may have to do most of the testing on similar machines and on multiple machines.

When I have similar code that shows the problem, I will post that.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 54
(1,287 Views)