LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Alphabet Array

You can right click on the autoindex tunnel and pick create indicator.  You can drop an array container on the front panel, create a string indicator on the front panel, drag the string indicator into the array.

These are all very basic Labview skills, so I would recommend you begin by taking the Labview tutorials that NI posts online.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(952 Views)
Hi!
   I've found it! It has a slightly different graphic, and I admit I didn't knew it.... thanks!

graziano

Message Edited by Graziano on 12-13-2007 08:36 AM
Message 12 of 14
(940 Views)
I knew there was a much more efficient way with the for loop, but never considered type casting and I never would have thought to use the Ramp Pattern, but I'm glad I know about it now!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(935 Views)

TonP wrote:

Ton,

The ramp pattern is a bit of an overkill, because it generates a DBL array, which takes 8x more space, then you have a coercion to U8 when you convert to the string, creating another unecessary datacopy in memory.

You also end up with a plain string, containing all characters as a single word instead of an array of strings with one character per element, so it does not meet specifications. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(921 Views)