From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month Calendar not working in a sub-vi. Anyone know why?

I am trying to develop a program that has a calendar so they can pick the date. I am using the Month Calendar .net control. It works until I put it in a sub-vi. When I run the main vi it loads the sub-vi, but the calendar disappears. Then I go to the back panel and right-click>show control, and it still doesn't come up. Anyone have any ideas?

Also I want to close to sub vi when they click on the date. Which event trigger do I use, or is there a property node for date selection?

Any help would be great?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,709 Views)
What version of LabVIEW do you have?  I know I had this problem in 8.2, and searched this forum to find that it was a LV bug fixed in 8.5.  Since I had 8.5, I upgraded and it fixed my problem.  You should be getting an error coming out of the subVI if you are using the error cluster.  I can't find the thread anymore explaining the problem.  I know I searched for the error number that came out of the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,702 Views)
I have LabVIEW 8.0 and LabVIEW 8.2. It does the same on both. I believe that it works when you make it an application, but I wish I didn't have to upgrade to fix the problem....
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,675 Views)
What about simply using a property node for the control to make it visible. A quick test I did seemed to show that worked. Don't know if it will work in your situation.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,663 Views)
It didn't work. When I run it a couple times it still just goes away. I was getting .net errors as well but i just ran the error wires and cleared them. I have attached the code as well. I have the calendar as a custom control becuase someone other post said this would clear errors when dropping property nodes.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,659 Views)
I was actually referring to the generic LabVIEW control "Visible" property, not to the MonthCalendar's "Visible" property:

Right-click on the MonthCalendar control, then select Create->Property Node->Visible.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 10-31-2007 12:19 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,652 Views)
On second thought, that doesn't seem to work consistently, either. Weird.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,643 Views)
I have the same behavior, also in LV8.0. The only way it works is like shown in the picture. Not really "good looking" but it works.

sparti
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,531 Views)
Was that the right picture?? Where do you put this?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,512 Views)
What about using the timestamp control?? You can select properties, Format and precision, and select Time Data Unused. Or even use a custom format to hide the time numbers.
Message 10 of 11
(3,503 Views)