From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Zooming" in on one graph from a front panel with multiple graphs on it

Hello,

I have a vi with 16 waveform graphs on the front panel; each graph represents one measurement channel.  There is a "zoom" button for each graph that, when pressed, has to "zoom" in on the graph that the button is associated with.  I'm not sure how to best accomplish this.

So far my only idea is to "brute force" it and hide all of the graphs except the one that has been "zoomed" in on.  Then I can set the height/width properties of the graph to actually perform the zoom.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,335 Views)
And what about just openning another VI that will show only the chosen graph? I attached example that does exactly that. I started it when I was working on some project that I have never finished. After doubleclicking of selected graph it opens new window. Run Ecg_02_multi.vi in "TOP" folder, its based on QSM architecture.

Message Edited by ceties on 12-13-2007 08:20 AM
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,332 Views)
Have you tried the zoom functions build into the Graph Palette of the graph indicator?  You can right click the graph and select Visible Items>Graph Palette
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,327 Views)
I think he meant that the user wants to see the whole graph larger because when you have 16 graph indicators on one page you actually don't see almost any detail...
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,324 Views)

Ceties,

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, you are correct; essentially I want to make the selected graph fill the screen so that it is a larger picture.  Each graph contains a frequency spectrum plot so as you can imagine, with 16 graphs on the 19" screen the resolution is very poor.

I am having trouble opening the proj that you sent because I'm working with LabVIEW 8.0.1.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,314 Views)

Hello Centerbolt,

Thanks for the reply, but what I really need is to make one graph (i.e. the graphed that is being "zoomed" in on) fill the entire screen.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,312 Views)
Don't open the project just open the mentioned VI. It should work even in 8.0 coz it was created in 8.2. If it won't work let me know I'll try to save it as 8.0.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,305 Views)

Ceties,

I actually thought about creating a separate vi to display the zoomed graph, but it seems to me that I will have to stop and destroy my DAQ measurement task and then recreate it in the new vi.  Then again, when I "unzoom" and return to my 16 graph vi I will have to stop/destroy/recreate the task again.  This may be able to work, but it certainly isn't very elegant nor in keeping with sound software system design practices.

Since (unfortunately) I can't open the project you posted, would you be willing to describe how you accomplished the "zoom" task?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,304 Views)
Chris,

I think the approach suggested by ceties - a separate pop-up VI which only displays a full-size graph is the way to go. This will have minimal impact on the main program and does not require a lot of hiding and zooming of controls and indicators on the main front panel.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,303 Views)

Ceties,

I tried to open the vi, but it won't open...the error is in regards to 8.2 vs. 8.0.1.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,301 Views)