From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbled text

Hi all

I have a problem which is very irritating and time consuming.

I am using Labview 8.5.1 Developers Suite and sometimes when I load a VI the characters or digits are garbled, only showing boxes instead of their real value, they seem to work but it is impossible to

work with the VI, if I accidentally save the VI all my work is lost, because it alway loads garbled after that.

I have searched and searched on NI.com and I can´t find anything on the subject???? 

I attached pictures of the problem!!! 

I REALLY hope that someone can help????

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,604 Views)

Hey,

You can try to change the Application and System Font under the LabVIEW options to a defined font, like Arial. Maybe its a problem with the font you configured for your OS.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,568 Views)

This behavior normally occurs when using special fonts which are not present on the system.  So please check if you only use one of the three default fonts

- System

- Application

- Dialog

If so, you  may have issues in the sizing of the elements....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,565 Views)
I've had this happen when using a barcode scanner reading non-printable ASCII characters.  The other responses make sense to me.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,549 Views)