LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbled text

Hi all

I have a problem which is very irritating and time consuming.

I am using Labview 8.5.1 Developers Suite and sometimes when I load a VI the characters or digits are garbled, only showing boxes instead of their real value, they seem to work but it is impossible to

work with the VI, if I accidentally save the VI all my work is lost, because it alway loads garbled after that.

I have searched and searched on NI.com and I can´t find anything on the subject???? 

I attached pictures of the problem!!! 

I REALLY hope that someone can help????

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,608 Views)

Hey,

You can try to change the Application and System Font under the LabVIEW options to a defined font, like Arial. Maybe its a problem with the font you configured for your OS.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,572 Views)

This behavior normally occurs when using special fonts which are not present on the system.  So please check if you only use one of the three default fonts

- System

- Application

- Dialog

If so, you  may have issues in the sizing of the elements....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,569 Views)
I've had this happen when using a barcode scanner reading non-printable ASCII characters.  The other responses make sense to me.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,553 Views)