LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage door model using LabVIEW

Hi all,

I’m trying to build a garage door model using LabVIEW and having trouble with adding limit switches to my model. The idea is to keep the gate in a raised position until the vehicle has completely cleared the gate, or a waiting interval has elapsed, at which point the gate drops down. Also, trying to add a proximity sensor to prevent the gate from striking people and vehicles, and the gate rotates upward if an object is detected while moving downward.

Right now, my model opens and closes manually and no limit switches and I’m not sure what to use to achieve that. Here is my main vi and I would really appreciate any modification or feedback.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,099 Views)

@Aladdin2020 wrote:

Hi all,

I’m trying to build a garage door model using LabVIEW and having trouble with adding limit switches to my model. The idea is to keep the gate in a raised position until the vehicle has completely cleared the gate, or a waiting interval has elapsed, at which point the gate drops down. Also, trying to add a proximity sensor to prevent the gate from striking people and vehicles, and the gate rotates upward if an object is detected while moving downward.

Right now, my model opens and closes manually and no limit switches and I’m not sure what to use to achieve that. Here is my main vi and I would really appreciate any modification or feedback.

Thanks in advance

Have you considered a state machine? From what I can tell, your project looks like it fits that architecture well. If you build it right, it should make adding new features (i.e. proximity sensors) fairly easy.

Start with drawing out your state diagram (it will help you fix issues with your design before you even program it).

Off the top of my head, I would expect States like 

• Completely Open
  • Opening
  • Completely Closed
  • Closing

Though some of those could be combined, depending on how you build it. (How you build it is up to you - please don't use my States if you want to build your state machine differently. 😁)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,068 Views)