From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSW cause crash

I regularly get this crash message when opening a project.

Usually "access violation" crashes indicate that I installed a VIPM package while VIPM was not run as admin.

Then the only way to open LabVIEW is to remove the files installed (can be long and hard if you install many packages at the same time).

But in that kind of case the crash occurs while opening LabVIEW not while opening the project.

When the message mentions GSW it has nothing to do with VIPM packages... and on the second try LabVIEW will open the project just fine.

Any idea on how to get ride of this completely?

TiTou_0-1614238620489.png

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(955 Views)

AFAIK, the GSW gets the list of recently used files form the LabVIEW.ini.

There could be something wrong with one of the files in the list?

You probably know this, but for reference... First, copy the LabVIEW.ini, then delete it ((with LabVIEW closed). See what happens. Then, restore the original (with LabVIEW closed). Delete the recent file lists. See what happens. Restore, delete individual files... Narrow it down to a specific file. Of course, that might not be the problem at all, and this could all be a WoT.

Message 2 of 3
(915 Views)

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll give it a try.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(910 Views)