From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB PROBLEM

You did a download instead of running what I told you run, didn't you? If you had, the driver would have been installed in the correct location. You didn't follow the directions for manually installing it. Since you did not follow my instructions either, I don't see the point in trying to help.
Message 21 of 66
(912 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
You did a download instead of running what I told you run, didn't you? If you had, the driver would have been installed in the correct location. You didn't follow the directions for manually installing it. Since you did not follow my instructions either, I don't see the point in trying to help

it is not often that i correct DK

"Genuine Windows" Enough said?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 22 of 66
(898 Views)

Sorry Mr.

i didnt mean to hurt anyone. i already downaloded NI.VISA -  http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-5.3/3823/en/

I already download plug and play example -  Tektronix TDS 3000 Series Oscilloscope Certified LabVIEW Plug and Play (project-style) Instrument Dr... and put it in my library. 

anything else i need to download sir?

sorry again sir. 

i hope you can guide me until i finsh my project sir

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 66
(884 Views)
You put it in the wrong place and if you had downloaded it using the method I said, you would not be having this problem. I have no idea where you placed it but you need to move it to instr.lib like the instructions on the download page tell you for doing it manually.
Message 24 of 66
(882 Views)

Sorry sir.

Are you referring to this site? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EFBD8C6A3ADC81EA862576AC00720DC8 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 66
(876 Views)

THANKS A LOT SIR.

NOW I CAN SEE THE EXAMPLE!

ONLY GOD CAN REPAY YOUR KINDNESS

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE DONT MAD AT ME. 

Because i need your help in future

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 66
(872 Views)

Hello sir

since TDS3012 can communicate with pc using ETHERNET cable. how am i going to change the red arrow in the picture i attached.

do i have to attached my pc to the oscilloscope first or i can configure it manually without connecting it to the scope yet?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 66
(868 Views)
No, you have to physically connect the scope. I'm not sure about your model but you might have go into Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and add it there. Click on the devices and interfaces and select Add New>TCP/IP Resource. When successful, on the VI's resource control, click on the arrow on the right side to get a list. Your scope should be listed.
Message 28 of 66
(856 Views)

You don't have to add it in MAX.  I've done a few systems with a similar scope without doing that.  But you will have to setup the scope to use the Ethernet port, set the IP Address, and I think also set the host to your computer's IP address (I'm not remembering the exact terminalogy at the top of my head).  And you won't be able to use the drivers until you are actually connected to the scope.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 29 of 66
(839 Views)

Hello and Good day

I want to connect my pc (windows 😎 to the oscilloscope TDS3012C and read all the reading at the labview I already tried by using

1.NI MAX. and i cannot detect any connection from the scope (as attached)

2. By changing Ip address from the scope. when i first time operate this scope. it doesnt give any ip address. so i assigned any ip number as attached I followed step by step from this link - http://www.tek.com/support/faqs/how-do-i-connect-my-oscilloscope-ethernet-connection-ni-visa but in wins 8 there's is IPV4 and IPV6.

i already change the ip adresses at IPV4. and open web address http://'ip address'/ but nothing came out.

hope any solution from the experts

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 66
(791 Views)