LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function generator compatible with LabVIEW

Well, looks to me like you have several choices, governed largely by your Time, Education, and Money:

• Money -- hire someone to do this for you.  Be sure they know LabVIEW.  Note that there is a LabVIEW Forum for this (but not this one ...).
  • Education/Time Tradeoff -- assuming you already know LabVIEW and also know (and can evaluate) the specifications of the various Hardware Options you have available, spend the Time to research the hardware and make an appropriate choice.  Otherwise, spend the Time to acquire the knowledge you need to solve your own problem.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(352 Views)

The vb 8212 is great value. You get it all as one. For the spec you have now given you could do it with any ni daq which has hardware timed analogue output.  You could not do it with low cost USB daq like  6003. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(349 Views)

@supw2015 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am mostly interested in generating sinusoidal waves of frequency ranging from 1 - 500 Hz and peak to peak voltage between 1-10 V. Through the LabVIEW interface, I wish to sequentially vary the frequency and peak voltage for a given duration. 

Seems to me the cheapest would do. I doubt you'd need a FG that costs more the 50$.

Of course the VB is great, but if you are going to build it into a fixed setup, it doesn't shine for the money you pay for it. It's more a tool that a device.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(336 Views)

@supw2015 wrote:

I was wondering if instead of getting the entire NI virtual bench, can i only get the function generator portion of it?

Yes, but you pay the same.Smiley Wink Or probably even more, as someone as to remove some software, especially for you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(336 Views)