From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel indicators

Hi,

I have an indicator that shows the pressure limits of my system. These represent 3 channels each attached to a pressure transducer:

Untitled.png

Is it possible that it changes the colour at a defined value? For example:  for one of the three pressure sensors in my picture, the max. pressure is 440 bar (I didnt change that in the picture). Can the fill be green from 0 - 350 bar, then turn orange from 350 - 400 bar and finally turn red for 400 – 440 bar?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,490 Views)

Hi erabrannan,

@erabrannan wrote:

Is it possible that it changes the colour at a defined value? For example:  for one of the three pressure sensors in my picture, the max. pressure is 440 bar (I didnt change that in the picture). Can the fill be green from 0 - 350 bar, then turn orange from 350 - 400 bar and finally turn red for 400 – 440 bar?

Yes.

Spoiler
That's what properties are good for!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,485 Views)

Hi,

how would I do that so it changes it just for one pressure transducer and not all 3?

because each transducer has their own limit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,474 Views)

Hi erabrannan,

the simple rule applies: in an array all elements share the same properties!

@erabrannan wrote:

how would I do that so it changes it just for one pressure transducer and not all 3?

The answer is: don't use an array!

Use 3 scalar elements, or a cluster of 3 elements…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,469 Views)

Yes, true!

so in my code I tried this:

Untitled.png

what I was thinking here is I will make the fill turn green only if the value is greater than 20. But there seems to be a clash between boolean and the numeric indicator.

How would I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,458 Views)

@erabrannan wrote:

Yes, true!

so in my code I tried this:

Untitled.png

what I was thinking here is I will make the fill turn green only if the value is greater than 20. But there seems to be a clash between boolean and the numeric indicator.

How would I do that?

You're Close. In this case you can add a Select after the Greater than and wire two colors needed through that. One 'normal' color and one for when it's >20.

You're only thinking of "What should happen when it's >20", but missing the thought of "What should happen when it's <=20". That's what the Select is for.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,447 Views)

Hi,

how do you wire the colour box to the condition of greater than?

-Emilie

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,415 Views)

hi,

thanks to your help I managed to get it to work with one element. But how would I do this with a 1D array? (picture of the first post)

-Emilie.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,411 Views)

Hi Emilie,

@erabrannan wrote:

But how would I do this with a 1D array? (picture of the first post)

Did you read my first answer?

I hate to repeat:

In an array all elements share the same properties!

Solution: Don't use an array, use scalar elements or cluster of elements!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,407 Views)

As said, you can't have individual color in an Array. You can change to a e.g. a Gauge and have a gradient, though that solution only works if you have the same limits.

So, to change colors of slider inside a Cluster, get the references of the sliders and change them via properties.

Cluster Slider colors.png

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,385 Views)