cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel editing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have just started LabView with a book called LabView for Everyone - Graphical programming made easy and fun and I can not get past this activity where it asks me to edit the front panel in a certain way. My problem is that I can not find a reference about how to do this in the previous chapters. Could you point me in the right direction ? I will do the reading on my own.

Thank you,

I have attached a picture to this thread so you can understand what I'm talking about (red lines).question regarding frontpanel editing.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,327 Views)

Hi Pepe,

@afmpepe wrote:

I can not get past this activity where it asks me to edit the front panel in a certain way.

I have attached a picture to this thread so you can understand what I'm talking about (red lines).

Ok, there is an image with red lines and you want to edit an front panel in a "certain way"...

What exactly is the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(1,304 Views)

I'm guessing you want to make those controls, right?

Just put down the relevant functions on the block diagram, then right click the appropriate terminals and click "Create Control".

Some of those are also found on the palettes here:

BertMcMahan_0-1642456735003.png

I don't think all of them are. You can make the others with the right-click-Create method.

Message 3 of 6
(1,295 Views)

Do you want to make the frame?

You find it in 'Controls' palette 'Modern' -> 'Decoration' -> 'Recessed Frame'.

Message 4 of 6
(1,252 Views)

Hello Gerd,

I was referring to the frames. I tried using the options that I have available under Decorations but I can not place a control or indicator over the specific decoration that I select.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author afmpepe

@afmpepe wrote:

Hello Gerd,

I was referring to the frames. I tried using the options that I have available under Decorations but I can not place a control or indicator over the specific decoration that I select.

Best,

In the toolbar there is an entry 'Reorder' (yellow and green arrow forming a circle). You can select a front panel object and move it to the front or the back. 

There are also keyboard shortcuts:

- Move Forward: Ctrl + K

- Move Backward: Ctrl + J

- Move to Front: Ctrl + Shift + K

- Move to Back Ctrl + Shift + J

Message 6 of 6
(1,219 Views)