LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency response Analysis Labview

Hi, thanks for your attention. 

Equipment: NI 6366, function generator EFG 3210, current transducer, voltage transducer and an Inductor. 

signal ---- Sine

Voltage ---- 5V

Frequency range ---------  20-2MHz

I want to perform sweep frequency response on an inductor. I need an input current and output voltage from the inductor in labview.

Questions:

1. How do i capture the input and out response in labview including the frequency.

2. Can I make an accurate measurement or perform a correct frequency analysis with the setup attached?

Because i have no control on the signal frequency been generated

3. And is it possible create a frequency analyzer using this Daq mentioned above. If yes how do i go about it.

I look forward to hearing your kind responses. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Your signal is being generated by an external Signal Generator.  You can set it to a frequency, then use LabVIEW and your DAQ device to record the input (sinusoidal) signal and the output signal from your device.

To accomplish this, you should have familiarity with the following:

• Enough Electrical Engineering to understand signals, sinusoidal analysis, Frequency response.
  • Some reasonable LabVIEW experience, including principles of good LabVIEW design and familiarity with most of the Block Diagram Programming palettes.
  • Experience with MAX (connecting to hardware) and DAQmx.  If you only know the Dreaded DAQ Assistant, learn more (and do not use its Evil Twin, the Dynamic Data Wire).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,354 Views)

In addition to what @Bob_Schor said

1. I believe the 6366 has a max sampling frequency of 2MSa/s, so 1MHz is your theoretical max bandwidth.
  2. The 6366 has no anti-aliasing filters, think about getting one, otherwise you may see spurious frequencies.

Answers:

1. How do i capture the input and out response in LabVIEW including the frequency?

Use the DAQmx API.

2. Can I make an accurate measurement or perform a correct frequency analysis with the setup attached?

Because i have no control on the signal frequency been generated

If properly configured, yes. See points above and @Bob_Schor's message.

3. And is it possible create a frequency analyzer using this DAQ mentioned above. If yes how do i go about it.

Yes, see @Bob_Schor's message

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Thanks for your kind response. Pls how do i go about creating a frequency response analyzer using Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,281 Views)

If you have the sound and vibration vis, you can start with the example Averaged Frequency response (DAQmx)

No generator needed (if the current is below 5mA) 🙂

By adding  a known low inductive resistor (1k SMD 😉  or generally another known impedance)  and some more math you have all you need.

(Place the resistor (known impedance) between output and DUT,DUT to GND,  measure the generator output and the voltage between both impedances).

This has been done for audio frequencies with a soundcard. Browse the web to find the math explained if needed.

Lookup other examples to change the exitation to sine/sweep ....

The tricky parts start if you look closer to parasitic impedances  of your setup 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,270 Views)