LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Problem in Project Explorer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running LabVIEW 2013 SP1 and I just installed DAQmx 9.8. After installation it appears that something has changed with my fonts all throughout LabVIEW. The fonts keep getting cut off or cropped. This applies to everything from the splash screen, to project explorer to some of my VI font sizes. I went and verified my "System Font" and "Application Font" settings but didn't seem to resolve the issue. See the attached picture

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,279 Views)

Check the font size in Options>Environment as per the attachment. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,239 Views)

It's weird that this change coincided wth the installation of DAQxm, though.  (Mine didn't change, for example.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author craige

It ended up being related to the Windows 7 display settings. E.g. Right click on desktop, select Personalize, then select "Display". The system's window scaling had been set to Large and I had to change it to Medium. 

Perhaps I hit some hot key while installing DaqMX. Very odd, but now its fixed.

Message 4 of 7
(3,212 Views)

Glad you found the solution - and thanks for posting it and marking it as solved, because I'm sure others will benefit from your trials.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,206 Views)

It seems I have the same problem. And I've tried to change font and scaling and neither are giving me results. Any ideas for why this would happen?

Thanks for your help!

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,450 Views)

Hello,

As this is an older thread, I would suggest making a new thread for your question.  This will get more traffic across your question.

Niki Budgell | Product Planner - SW Management | NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,433 Views)