LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flush queue after element = Value

@crossrulz wrote:

...native Dequeue on it.  No public functions would expose the native queue ref.

Let's be honest.  A queue should only have 1 dequeuer: the owner of the queue.  I am a fan of the private Action Engine with wrapper "command" VIs so other libraries can send commands/data to my consumer.  So my actors end up looking something like this:

I would agree with all of that except the "Should".

How about...

In most cases a queue should only have 1 dequeuer

I have had situation were I needed things to get done in parallel and I did not care which of many widgets did the work as long as it got done.

In that case, I have used a single queue with multiple widgets reading from it and which ever one grabbed an element from a queue took care of that something.

Yes, just splitting hairs...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(285 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I would agree with all of that except the "Should".

How about...

That's why I didn't say "shall".  There is also the example of the Single Element Queue (which nobody should be using anymore since Data Value References do the same job, but better).  Yes, I know, splitting hairs...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(280 Views)

Looking back at this, I think part of the problem was the way the states are structured. Taking a look at Steve Watt's presentation on state machine best practices would help eliminate the core issue.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(265 Views)