LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluke 7340 Serial Communication weird behavior while using queued message handler

Dear Community,

I am trying to communicate with Fluke 7340 Liquid Calibration bath using labview. If I use a vi to directly communicate  with the instrument, I am getting the reply perfectly as per below image.

Sub vi.PNG

But the main goal of my project is to use queued message handler to communicate with the device where I don't know which comport the device is connected. so I send a array of comport to the message handling loop where the array is passed through the for loop to get the data as per the command. But I dont get any data even if i use the sub vi.

QMH.PNG

Has anyone faced such issue before or is there a round of way to solve this???

Cannot share the project due to security reasons.

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(696 Views)

Hi kartiknattar,

@kartiknattar wrote:

But the main goal of my project is to use queued message handler to communicate with the device where I don't know which comport the device is connected. so I send a array of comport to the message handling loop

Why don't you check the available COM ports for your device?

I guess it will respond to an "ver?" command so that check would be quite easy…

(Do you need to handle several FLUKE devices at the same time on different COM ports? Or do you need to handle just one bath at runtime?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(671 Views)

This project (more or like a universal data logger) is supposed to communicate with multiple devices(temperature Chamber, Humidity Chamber, Temperature and humitidity sensors, Fluke 1586A, liquid bath, etc) with respect xml configuration file provided as test source file. I / end user dont know which comport is connected to each instrument so my library will send a particular command to each devices for identification. Iater on I check the reply from the instrument to see which reply and comport matches to a particular instrument and associate them with each other. Now my library is able to connect with all instrument using this very same logic except for fluke 7340.

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(654 Views)