Did you mean: 

Flashing Arduino file using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you very much...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,499 Views)

when I run the program, I get an error - "Error 2 occurred at System Exec.vi, possible reasons LabVIEW: Memory is full, NI-488: no listeners on the GPIB". how to solve this?

And can you please tell me the syntax which I need to type in the command line input of the System Exec.vi. I am using Arduino MEGA 2560 board, port number is COM6, file name Blink.ino

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,484 Views)

How do you think we can help you with the information you have given? 

We can't what you are doing, you need to show us your code that generate the error. 

And for the commandline, in the link there are perfect documentation on what you need to enter. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,483 Views)

Sorry for that information. Actually I want to upload the arduino program into the board from Labview. I attached the arduino program and VI. I am using the arduino for start and reset of my another board and it is automated using labview. so I want to do the arduino part also from the labview. so that it can be completely automated. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,485 Views)

I am not able to upload the .ino file so I attached the image of that code.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,486 Views)

Well my first guess is where it says "/path/to/sketch/sketch_may21a.ino" you should put the actual path to your sketch not "/path/to/sketch/"

aeCapture.PNG

Oh and to upload a sketch use the insert code tag  (looks like </> on the toolbar) then copy and paste your code into it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,480 Views)

ok,.. But now also I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,474 Views)

*Facepalm*

Systemecex.vi 

command line indicates the command LabVIEW calls to run a program. If the executable is not in a directory listed in the PATH environment variable, the command line must contain the full path to the executable. (Windows) To use a command that must be executed directly from a command prompt window, insert cmd /c before the command.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,470 Views)

By using this command given to the input of system Exec.vi, I am able to open Arduino IDE. but I don't know how to upload the code from labview.

cmd /c "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/arduino.exe"

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,467 Views)

You can't just put the entire text of your source code in the command line arguments, you have to specify the location of the .ino file that contains that source code!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,460 Views)