From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix overlapping controls in error cluster (LabVIEW 2013)

In LabVIEW 2013, the "Error In.ctl" and "Error Out.ctl" have overlapping controls.  If you run the VI Analyzer, you get an error from this arrangement.  That shouldn't happen in something that's built-in.

ErrorCluster.GIF

Message 1 of 6
(3,916 Views)

That text looks bigger than it should be.  Are these VI's that may have been created in an older version of LabVIEW or on an older version of Windows?

The text in your dialog box all looks big as well.

My thought is that you have your font size within Windows Display settings set to something larger than normal font. (or "smaller 100% (default)" in my Win7 PC.).  Don't use medium or larger fonts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,911 Views)

Sorry for the confusion.  Can you tell me what your default LabVIEW font settings are?  It's possible that someone's changed this on my lab machine at some point.  For the record, I'm using Windows 7 x64.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,904 Views)

I have in my LabVIEW.ini file

FPFont="Tahoma" 13
BDFont="2" 13

I don't see any of the other font settings defined.

I'm going to ask to have this thread moved to the regular LabVIEW forum.  You really don't have a request for a new idea for LabVIEW.  What you are doing is troubleshooting a problem you are having with your specific LabVIEW installation.

Message 4 of 6
(3,888 Views)

Has an answer been determined for this?

I am getting this error for a few objects, but the error is not consistent and there doesn't seem to be alot of information on it.

See the attached images.

The Standard "error out" cluster is reporting 2 overlapping errors,

• Status indicator
  • code indicator.

My "BioSig Control" is reporting 3 overlapping errors,

• Bump/Offset F3
  • Yoke Connection Control
  • Programmer Connection

My question, are these really errors?  or is this a defect in the analyzer and these indicators pose no threat to VI performance?

-Regards

eximo

"I had rather be right than be president" -Henry Clay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,703 Views)

@eximo wrote:

My question, are these really errors?  or is this a defect in the analyzer and these indicators pose no threat to VI performance?

This is purely cosmetic and has no effect on VI performance. However I also wouldn't say it's a defect in the analyzer - it's warning you that you might have a hidden control. This could be a problem in a user interface since a user may be unable to either enter information into a hidden item or see the value that it contains.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,694 Views)