LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File states.ctl missing in the measuring angular position link from NI

Dear Labviewusers,

I need a file that's called states.ctl. It's from the following link: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6456#0requirements

Is it possible that somebody from NI could mail it to me: 0952958hooff@zuyd.nl

Or that you can upload back to the site, since it is a school project with limited time please as fast as possible.

Thanks already 

Martijn v Hooff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,459 Views)

A comment was posted on that article with the same issue, but it seems nobody at NI is listening. Sometimes I wonder if NI actually reads the comments in there.

A quick fix for you is to right-click on the instance of the type def and select "Disconnect from Type Def". This will turn the type def enum into a standard enum. You can then recreate the type def.

Message 2 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Hi Martjin,

I couldn't locate the original .ctl so I have made a new one and attached it here.

Just close and re-open the .vi, then when it searches for the .ctl file and cannot find it hit "Browse" and locate the states.ctl attached below.

Best regards,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 3 of 4
(2,456 Views)

@Smercurio_fc

Haha, that's what I thought, after seeing the comment of the guy who had the same problem without a solution I called NI. 

The receptionist was so annoying and the only thing she said that I had to use the forum. But I thought that it was impossible, so after 5 times asking if she could PLEASE transfer the call to ICT or anything I hung up in the middle of the conversation because it annoyed me really bad ;)!

This is possible to solve the problem, at least I hope, because i don't have the sensor right now, school is over ;)!

@Eden_s

You made my day, thanks for everything

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,444 Views)