From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to copy a distribution

I am having a problem with building an installer in LabVIEW 14.0f1 (32-bit).

"Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
Failed to copy a distribution.
Details:
Copying distribution 'NI-VISA 16.0' from: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Update Service\Installers\NI_20170627_0839\Updates\NI-VISA 16.0 16.0.0.30\ to: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\
Additional details:
Internal system error.
An internal system operation returned the error "The system cannot find the file specified.".
Code:
-32"

I have tried resetting the database for NI MAX, recompiling the exe (& confirmed it works), confirmed existence of NI-VISA 16.0 16.0.0.30, then tried repairing installation of LabVIEW.
Windows 10 Pro; version 1703; OS build 15063.483

Any ideas to try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,360 Views)

My first step would be to completely remove the NI-VISA program from the computer and then reinstall that software. 

Also upgrading your NI-VISA version could be beneficial if there are no compatibility issues with that. I know that your LabVIEW 2014 version is not incompatible.

Also, opening LabVIEW as an administrator and building the installer that way might be beneficial in case your LabVIEW is having a permissions problem finding that file since you manually verified that it existed.

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,319 Views)